Slider

HONG KONG TRIP - NAN LIAN GARDEN - CHI LIN NUNNERY

Day 4 - Itinerary part 2
Nan Lian Garden
Chi Lin Nunnery
read here also for part 1, where I visited Lantau island for the Big Buddha and wisdom path.

HONGKONG day 4, part 2
071017.06


So after I left the Lantau Island. I went to Diamond hill to visit the Nan Lian Garden and Chi Lin Nunnery.

Board the subway by MTR all the way to Diamond Hill station and look for exit C2. Follow the sign that lead to the Nan lian garden and Chi Lin nunnery and walk roughly for 5 mins. The place is free entrance yesss !!! and open from 7am-9pm.

Nan Lian Garden (南蓮園池)
Cutting through Diamond Hill’s myriad of high-rise apartments is the Nan Lian Garden, a public park that built base on the Tang dynasty's style. Its scenic garden is meticulously landscaped over an area of 3.5 hectares, in which every hill, rock, body of water, plant and timber structure has been placed according to specific rules and methods.sourced






There are permanent exhibitions of Chinese timber architecture, rocks and potted plants.






While the hungry might want to try the vegetarian restaurant or teahouse. Base on the picture, the snack shops and cafe were located on the left.

come follow me this way~


huh just follow me!! come on!

tada here la~

Since I was very full so I ordered a glass of strawberry juice only hehe

After a short resting, I carry on to visit the nunnery temple which is just within walking distance. I went there in the evening and the there wasn't any crowds so it was perfect for pictures.

Chi Lin Nunnery (志蓮淨苑)
This is the largest Buddhist temple complex that is located in Diamond hill. It is also built base on Tang dynasty architecture. The temple halls have statues of the Sakyamuni Buddha, the goddess of mercy Guanyin and other bodhisattvas as a retreat for Buddhist nuns.
















2 comments:

  1. Great blog!:) I just want to ask, how much time did you spend there? Thank you~^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for late reply, I spent 1hour in that place only. You follow my instagram @bellamarinda if you have more to ask. thanks

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan